Wall Crack & Pipe Penetration Repair Near Burlington, Concord, Keene
Seal Wall Cracks. Repairing and sealing wall cracks will prevent future leaks.
Warrantied repairs for leaking wall cracks & pipe penetrations
Small cracks in foundation walls are common in homes throughout the Vermont and New Hampshire area. Usually a side effect of the natural curing process of concrete, these cracks usually do not threaten the foundation.
However, even small cracks in a foundation can be a major problem if they leak groundwater into your basement or crawl space. If you'd like a free foundation crack repair quote, contact us today!
Steps to Install the FlexiSpan® Wall System In Vermont and New Hampshire
At Northern Basement Systems, we recommend the FlexiSpan® Foundation Crack Repair System to repair your leaking wall cracks. It's a patented, warrantied repair and a permanent solution. To repair a flooding or leaky wall crack, we follow these five steps:
- Installation of a Drainage System Or Drywell: If you're waterproofing your basement with WaterGuard® or another interior drainage system, the FlexiSpan® can be integrated with it to direct any potential leaks to your sump pump. Otherwise, a small dry well about 5-10 gallons in size is created at the base of the crack.
- The Polyurethane Sealant: We start by sealing the crack with a high-viscosity polyurethane polymer. This gets deep in the cracks to form a durable, flexible seal.
- Secondary Drainage Strategy: Your polyurethane polymer seal should never fail. If it ever does, 95% of the water should still be stopped from leaking in. To ensure a proper repair, we install a secondary layer of drainage on the basement wall -- one that will direct water to your basement drainage system or dry well.
- Finish the Repair: To keep your foundation walls looking great, we overlay your sealed wall crack with a polyurethane sealant. Light gray in color, it gives the repair a professional, finished appearance.
- Restore the Floor: After the wall crack has been repaired, the concrete floor is restored flush, with no gaps or openings. We pride ourselves on leaving our workplace clean and neat. The end result of the FlexiSpan® installation is a professional-looking, top-performing basement wall crack repair that includes a written warranty.
While leaking wall cracks must be fixed before you finish your basement, your finished basement walls will also need to be protected from water vapor that continually passes through concrete.
Stop this moisture by installing an appropriate wall vapor barrier on basement walls before finishing!
Why FlexiSpan® over Injection?
Unlike hydraulic cements and some epoxies, the special sealant used for FlexiSpan® will never dry out or re-crack over time.
Additionally, hydraulic cements, epoxies, and even urethane injections are not able to bend and stretch along with your foundation movement. As concrete walls expand and shrink slightly through freeze/thaw and wet/dry cycles, the bonds of these materials will fail and the crack will releak.
FlexiSpan® stays bonded with wall movement, and seals the crack permanently, no matter what.
Northern Basement Systems is Vermont and New Hampshire's leading company for sealing basement wall cracks in Concord, Burlington, Keene, Colchester, Essex, Rutland, Plattsburgh, NY, South Burlington, Laconia, Bennington, Essex Junction, Franklin, Williston, Tilton, Newport and surrounding areas.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.